A Cubs-Cardinals matchup is always electric, but the meeting between the rival teams on June 23, 1984, was truly special. It was a beautiful Saturday at Wrigley Field and the game was broadcast nationally as the Game of the Week. The Cubs rallied from behind led by Cubs second baseman Ryne Sandberg. Sandberg went 5-for-6 with two late-inning home runs off of Cardinals closer Bruce Sutter and seven RBI to propel the Cubs to a dramatic 11-inning 12-11 victory over the Cardinals. It became the cornerstone of Sandberg’s MVP season and it let the baseball world know the Cubs were for real as they battled back to the postseason for the first time since 1945 that year. Relive the remarkable day that put the Cubs beloved Hall of Famer on the map in Cubs Productions’ documentary, “The Sandberg Game,” presented by Budweiser.
Subscribe for more Cubs videos:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- 10 Things You Should Never Google (WARNING GROSS)
- Ant Colonies | Baby Panda Explore The Life Cycle Of Ant | Learning Game
- BEST PARKOUR GAMES IN DREAMS!?! | Dreams PS4 – Mirror's Edge & True PK/FR Cove
- SNES Longplay – Spawn: The Video Game (Acclaim, 1995)
- Trove's End Game : Episode 6 : Lunar Lancer @31.2k PR (Trove Xbox One)